Students study Edexcel Tech Award in Enterprise. They will begin the course in Year 9 and three units will be completed by the end of Year 11.
The course is designed to provide learners with:
- An understanding of enterprise.
- An understanding of the roles people play in
- An opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic
- The opportunity to gain confidence by developing independent learning
- A knowledge and understanding of business concepts, business terminology, business objectives, the integrated nature of business activity and the impact of business on individuals and wider society.
- The opportunity to apply knowledge and understanding to contemporary business issues and to different types and sizes of businesses in local, national and global contexts
- Develop as enterprising individuals with the ability to think commercially and creatively to demonstrate business acumen and draw on evidence to make informed business decisions and solve business problems.
- The confidence and skills to use an enquiring, critical approach to make informed judgements.
Students will use a variety of strategies throughout the course, including collecting data, interpreting data and communicating their findings in different ways. They will work on identifying and developing the links between different aspects of the subject. These skills are in great demand and are recognised and highly valued by employers, colleges and universities.