Here at Moat Community College we value the benefits that students can gain from experiencing the world of work.
From Monday 2nd July 2018 to Thursday 12th July 2018, all year 10 students will be on work placements.
On Wednesday 25th October at 3.00pm, there will be a meeting, for parents of year 10 students, in the theatre to find out more about why we offer work experience and the process for this year. A letter with further details about work experience will be sent out in due course.
Students will use the Student Directory 17-18 to find out about the type and availability of placements.
Did you know, work experience can give you:
- knowledge of what a job involves.
- structured, supervised, hands-on experience.
- skills that will be recognised in other workplaces.
- confidence in your ability to learn and master new skills and tasks.
- work–life skills, such as communicating well or working in teams
All placements at Moat Community College are arranged through the LEBC. This ensure students are given a structured, well planned, safe experience.
See the feedback from last year here.
If you have any queries regarding work experience, please contact Mrs L Patel on 0116 2625705 Ext 809.