FOOD FOR THOUGHT
The Compassion Centre of the Open Hands Trust in Highfields is making a powerful and lasting difference in the lives of the diverse community it serves.
100 nationalities pass through its doors each year to engage in its activities, share meals and attend courses.
For the second year Open Hands has partnered with students, parents and staff at neighbouring Moat Community College who have been wholeheartedly supporting the food bank.
College Principal, Brian Killeen, enthused, “We are delighted to be collaborating with Open Hands who gained the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Services last year.
Thanks are due to donors, the Student Council and our Staff Wellbeing Committee for enabling students to develop a sense of responsibility to the wider neighbourhood. Community cohesion and collaboration are values that we espouse at Moat.”
Special thanks to:
- Everyone who donated
- Kerry & Michelle for boxes and photocopies
- ICT Team for support in assemblies
- Laura for moral support
- Sam for a very generous food donation
- Joan for a very generous food donation
- Daljinder for Student Council collaboration
- Abrar Mova for being an excellent factotum
- Year 7 Ambassadors for representing Moat with Open Hands and the Leicester Mercury
- (Mo Daya, Humera Pathan, Halima Daud and Bilal Ibrahima)
- Jo & Sandeep for leading our Ambassadors
- Brain Killeen and the Wellbeing Committee